In these terms and conditions:
“Broadcaster” means Discovery
“Producer” means Betty TV Ltd
“Programme” means Wheeler Dealer Dream Car
By submitting this application form you hereby confirm and agree:
- that you:
- (a) are aged eighteen (18) years or over;
- (b) have the legal right to live and work in the United Kingdom (including Channel Islands or the Isle of Man) (“UK”) and that you may be required to provide:
- proof that you are a British citizen or have the legal right to live and work in the UK,
- photo identification, and
- current proof of address,
- (c) that you are not currently employed by and have not been previously employed by the Producer, any of the All3 Media group of companies or the Broadcaster and you are not a live-in partner or immediate relative (for example, mother, father, son, daughter, brother or sister (including step or adopted)) of an employee of the Producer, any of the All3 Media group of companies or the Broadcaster.
- that, due to the anticipated high volume of applications, applicants not selected for the first casting round may not be contacted. Submitting an application form or receiving communications from the Producer in relation to this application does not constitute an offer to participate in the Programme.
- that if you are selected as a participant, the Producer shall have no obligation to include your contribution in the Programme or to produce the Programme and if the Programme is made there will be no obligation on the Producer or the Broadcaster to broadcast the Programme.
- that if you are selected to participate in the Programme you shall abide by all the rules and protocols of the Programme (as may be amended or supplemented from time to time) and shall accept that the Producer’s decision in respect thereof is final and binding (including all decisions by the Producer concerning selection of the participants) and you agree not to challenge or appeal against those decisions.
- that if you are selected for participation in the Programme, nothing in your contribution to the Programme shall be calculated to bring the Producer or the Broadcaster into disrepute or prejudice the successful exploitation of the Programme and any such disrepute or prejudice may result in your disqualification from the Programme.
- that you have answered all of the questions on the application form and will answer any other questions in any other part of the selection process fully, honestly and accurately and confirm that you have not misled or attempted to mislead the Producer in any way as to your identity, experiences, background or otherwise in any other way. You agree to keep the Producer informed of any change to your circumstances or the information and/or data set out in this application form or provided in any other part of the selection or production process (if you are selected to participate). If you are found to have knowingly supplied inaccurate, misleading or false information at any point, you understand the Producer will be entitled to exclude you from the Programme selection process, or (if you are selected to participate) exclude you from participating in the Programme, not include your contribution in the Programme, and/or withhold any prize.
- that if you are shortlisted, the Producer may conduct background checks in order to verify any of the information you have supplied and you agree to provide the Producer with any assistance or further information necessary to do this. This could include checks of information that is publicly available online, including information you have made public via social media. Further information as to the basis upon which we request and process this information can be found in our Privacy Notice
- that all applicants will be asked at a later stage of the application process to reveal/disclose certain information about previous unspent criminal offences, cautions, current prosecutions, sanctions in relation to children and civil proceedings before taking part in the Programme. Further details as to the basis upon which we request and process your information can be found in our Privacy Notice
- that you own all rights in the photograph(s) and/or audio visual and/or other material that you have submitted with this application form and/or may submit during the selection process and that the Producer and the Broadcaster (and their licensees and assigns) shall be entitled to copy, edit and/or otherwise use the same at their sole discretion for the purposes of making, selling, promoting and exploiting the Programme and any other Programme or promotional material connected with it in all media, and you hereby grant the Producer and the Broadcaster (and their licensees and assigns) all necessary rights and consents for the full period of copyright to enable them to do such acts.
- not to discuss any information concerning the Producer, the Broadcaster, the Programme (including any photographs), your application or your possible participation in the Programme, with any other person or company other than the person you apply with, whether by means of discussion, letter, press and television interviews, social media postings or otherwise, at any time without the prior written consent of the Producer.
- that you have read our Privacy Notice with this application form.
- that you understand that once this application form has been submitted no subsequent changes will be accepted by the Producer (save as may be required to update your personal details) and that in submitting this application form you are confirming that you have read and understood the information contained within the application form.
- that, if requested, you have listed and revealed all your past TV appearances and will keep the Producer informed of any further TV appearances which you may make after submitting this application form.
- that if there is an error or omission in the Programme application form, if the application is not accompanied by any additional documentation/photographs or similar as are required by the application form, or if it is interrupted or not in fully operating condition at any point and as a result you are not able to access the application form and apply for the Programme the Producer will have no liability to you in any of those circumstances.
- you are responsible for all costs associated with your accessing of the Programme application form including but not limited to: mobile network usage costs, data usage costs and costs associated with your internet provider. The Producer accepts no responsibility for any charges you may incur.
- these Terms and Conditions were last updated on 8 December 2020. Please note that the Producer may update and amend these Terms and Conditions, including without limitation the Eligibility Criteria for the Programme, from time to time and any changes will be posted on the Programme application website but it is your responsibility to ensure you review these Terms and Conditions regularly to familiarise yourself with any changes.